Re: Oracle on VMWare

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:23:30 -0700

In coming few days we are going to have test/development RAC databases on Oracle VM. I would really like to share my expereince once the deployment is done. Meantime, It would really interesting to know the pros and cons of using Oracle VM.

On 4/14/08, Blanchard William <> wrote:
> Is anyone running Oracle (10g) on VMWare? Have you had any
> difficulties? We are considering placing some production systems on VMWare
> so that we can better control resources consumed by individual
> applications. We have completed an install and have been monitoring the
> database to ensure that there aren't any problems with running an "empty"
> database (backup, memory, etc) as a proof-of-concept for a couple of weeks
> now so we know that it can be done.
> William

Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA
RAC Certified Expert

Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region  (
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."