RE: Oracle on VMWare

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:35:47 -0400

We have a couple of hundred oracle on vmware instances, all Linux, mix of RAC and standalone, and they work fine.

Now, none of these are production, they're dev/test environments, but we don't have any difficulties, aside from some issues we had with the NICs on the servers we were using.

Matt

--

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist

From: Juan Miranda [mailto:j.miranda_at_sermatica.es] Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 10:43 AM
To: Blanchard William; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Oracle on VMWare

Oracle on vmware are an unsupported configuration.

De: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] En nombre de Blanchard William Enviado el: lunes, 14 de abril de 2008 16:21 Para: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Asunto: Oracle on VMWare

Is anyone running Oracle (10g) on VMWare? Have you had any difficulties? We are considering placing some production systems on VMWare so that we can better control resources consumed by individual applications. We have completed an install and have been monitoring the database to ensure that there aren't any problems with running an "empty" database (backup, memory, etc) as a proof-of-concept for a couple of weeks now so we know that it can be done.

William

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 14 2008 - 11:35:47 CDT

Original text of this message