Re: ASM - hardware mirroring vs. Oracle mirroring

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:55:53 +0100

ASM also allows you to add and remove LUNS to the available storage for the database on the fly, to migrate data from one area of disk to another without downtime and so on. In that sense I think it's a pretty decent technology for making managing storage easier. What are the limitations that you are referring to by the way?

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info