Re: Row Migration/Rowchaining

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:23:25 -0500

For the purposes of statistics, chained and migrated rows are the same.
So, chain_cnt would show a count of all chained rows which includes all
migrated rows.

You could also do:

analyze table <tablename> list chained rows;

which would put the rows into the table INVALID_ROWS which is created by the OH/rdbms/admin/utlvalid.sql script (you'd have to run that script to create the table first).

I believe that you can do the analyze on any table and statistics will not be computed, but just the chained rows will be listed into the INVALID_ROWS table. Of course, a FTS will be required to find the chained rows, so beware of the I/O impact of running such a command.

Dan

TESTAJ3@nationwide.com wrote:

This will show you the table  for chained rows, not sure if it covers migrated or not, anyone else?

 select owner, table_name, chain_cnt from dba_tables where chain_cnt > 0;
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 11 2008 - 14:23:25 CDT

Original text of this message