Re: Crystal Reports

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:20:54 +1200

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure exactly what the Crystal developer did, but I created a package containing the def for a hard cursor, eg:

  TYPE payment_rep_record is record
  (

      CREATED_T       PINPAP.EVENT_T.CREATED_T%TYPE
     ,AMOUNT          PINPAP.EVENT_BILLING_PAYMENT_T.AMOUNT%TYPE

.
.
.
     ,STATUS          PINPAP.EVENT_BILLING_PAYMENT_T.STATUS%TYPE
     ,START_T_DATE    DATE

  );
  type rep_cursor_type is ref cursor return payment_rep_record;

 Then in a stand-alone *procedure *opened a cursor of this type with my the hinted query, ...eg

create or replace PROCEDURE vf_payment_report_cr(from_date Date,

                                                 to_date Date,
                                                 *REF_CURSOR** out
sys_refcursor*)
AS
begin
  *open REF_CURSOR for*
    SELECT /*+ full(e) parallel(e,8) */
     e.CREATED_T,
     ebp.AMOUNT,

blar blar

The setup within crystal requires the cursor def (as defined by the package).

More than that I would have to ask the developer. Need more info? Just let me know.

Cheers
Tony