Re: upgrade - How did it go for you?

From: Brian <>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:08:59 -0600

Thanks to all of those who are replying so far.

I said was horrible because we've had a lot of issues with it (bind peeking's been a joy). We set cursor_sharing=similar in our environments that lead to a nice host of Oracle 7445 and 600 errors. Additionally, there are issues with Oracle Streams that we keep encountering that I'm hoping has addressed. In all we've applied grundles of one-off patches to our environment to try and stabilize it which is why I am really interested in the real-world experience out there. The comments about ESRI and GIS do affect us since we house SDE data in our Oracle DB (thanks, Chris, for that information).