Re: {Disarmed} Oracle 10gR2 Multi-Terabyte Database Cross-Plathform Migration Method

From: Carel-Jan Engel <careljan_at_dbalert.eu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:32:31 +0200

Take also the volatileness (is that an english word?) of the data into the equation.

If you have a lot of data that doesn't change (much) you can preload the destination with that.

If you can identify when rows have been changed (I like to have timestamps in rows) and the amount is not too big you can export only changed data and import that into the destination.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===