From: Alex Gorbachev <>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:12:26 -0400

Sorry, no experience with that particular implementation but any XA introduces significant overhead and rather non-feasible on high throughput environments according to my experience so I'll drag you to somewhat different direction if I may...

In Oracle only environments you might be much better off with database links. You could also use DB links n heterogeneous environments employing Oracle gateways but I don't have too much good experience with those and can't judge if they are better than XA transactions.

What is the purpose of distributed processing? What are the targets?