From: Charlotte Hammond <>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 02:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I'm entering the world of distributed transactions for the first time. We are using the Websphere as the transaction manager. The developers have asked to have the JVM and the JAVA_XA package. I'm struggling to find any decent docs on JAVA_XA. In particular do we really need this for Oracle to participate in (rather than manage) an XA transaction?

Any pointers to docs about this configuration (Oracle/Websphere/XA) for a DBA would be very welcome.

Many thanks again!