Oracle 10 Error-03135 on Network

From: Ge Moua <gemoua_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:01:24 -0500

I'm intermittently encountering "ORA-03135: connection lost contact" errors in this environment:

H/W: AMD x86

O/S: SunOS 10

D/B: Oracle 10G Enterprise Edition, Rel 10.2.0.3.0

One could try some router "tweaks" on the network to alleviate this issue; however if the root cause is in the application (ie, d/b tuning) or OS (kernel or

tcp stack enhancement), then this would make more sense to fix the problem in this area. I've captured some "packet trace" with Wireshark and see a lot of the

following: TCP Dup ACK, TCP Out-of-order, & TCP Retransmission Any help will be greatly apprecitated.

  • Ge

Network Design Engineer

University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services