RE: Streams archived_log downstream capture - ORA-16191

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_bjss.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:00:48 +0100

Thanks April but no success so far

I have followed all those steps but the only difference is that I see an 1031 rather than a 16191 error now

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
PING[ARC0]: Heartbeat failed to connect to standby 'PERF03'. Error is 1031.

I have changed the password at both ends and recreated the password file and I can connect back and forth using sqplus as sysdba

I can see a forum message problem that was identical but that was resolved by doing an oradim (Windows) whereas I am on Linux.