Re: asm on serveral nodes (no RAC)

From: Alex Gorbachev <ag_at_oracloid.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 14:49:43 -0400

I've just had an interesting follow up with one of the customers -- Oracle sales rep. was insisting that full RAC license is required to run two nodes CRS cluster with clustered ASM and single instance cold failover databases.

We are assessing possibility to run ASM instance as failover as well. It shouldn't be much different that for simple single failover configuration. Let's see if customer is willing to compromise with the rather unusual setup and costs savings.