Re: More on Oracle Support

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 11:30:24 +0200

I believe once you paid the first license cost the annual cost is around 25% of original cost, at least that from last couple of years.

Then Oracle Support offers a service called Advanced Customer Services (you guys might have seen the term SDM, SDE, Service Delivery M/E), what they offer is some onsite help (a few days or many days depend on how much you pay) and probably once every quarter they perform some data collection and send you a so called "performance review" report which is based on a word macro, I have a friend who whorks in a company which had paid for this service for 2 years but finally they kicked support out because it simply is not worth, he told me that when calculating end of year each report is costing them like 2000 to 3000 euros!

The advantage of this service is when you get severity 1 SR these SED and SDM can scalate them faster.

--
LSC