RE: Cluster Interconnects configured in single-instance DB

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:58:00 -0400

Well, it's just a theory. But I don't see why ASM traffic would have anything to do with the interconnect...?

I'm not currently able to test the theory, but maybe someone else can.

Personally, I'd expect a single instane db to be able to detect and connect to the local node of a clustered ASM installation....but maybe not....

I just don't know enough about the internal workings of ASM...

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.