Cluster Interconnects configured in single-instance DB

From: Jeffery Thomas <jeffthomas24_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:55:31 -0400

We have a two-node 10.2.0.3 RAC system on Solaris 10 using Oracle Clusterware and ASM that is being used for our test database.. We also have a single-instance database on one node of this cluster being used for development.

The dev database is using ASM, sharing the same data disk group as the RAC database.

I noticed on startup in the alert.log that it is configuring interconnects; in addition, when I perform this query in the single-instance database:

SQL> select * from v$cluster_interconnects;

NAME IP_ADDRESS IS_ SOURCE

e1000g2         192.168.1.103    NO  Oracle Cluster Repository
e1000g5         192.168.1.102    NO  Oracle Cluster Repository

The question I have is:   why?     Is it because it is accessing a
disk group maintained by a clustered ASM?

Thanks,
Jeff
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 04 2008 - 11:55:31 CDT