Re: More on Oracle Support

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:01:09 -0600

17% for maintenance (i.e. permission to obtain and apply upgrades and patches) and 5% is support (i.e. MetaLink, etc) for 5 years from general release date.

I don't know if this is still true, but these percentages are applied to the *list price* for the software licenses (i.e. $40k/cpu for EE, etc), and are not affected by the discounts that absolutely everyone is able to obtain just by asking. There are many sites that have discounts in excess of 95%, so that they pay far more for support than they do for the licenses...