Re: Index rebuild online lock issue

From: John D Parker <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I was looking for something a bit more defined than just watch it run for XX hours and you'll see the locking occur. I've got the rebuild online running now on my 9.2.0.5 system, but I've still no idea of how to measure/monitor/quantify the impact of the sync process at the end. On other systems, I've inadvertently brought them to their knees with the sync at the end of rebuild online. Just looking to avoid that this time.

john

Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com> wrote: John, to "measure and monitor", isn't it just a matter of checking v$lock? Also, you can check what locks are taken during the entire process of rebuilding an index by setting event 10704 at level 10 in your session. The trace file should tell you.

Yong Huang

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com