Re: 2-node RAC faster than 6-node!

From: K Gopalakrishnan <>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:30:05 -0500

The answer is SERIALIZATION.

Like someone (!) mentioned RAC is like a stereo amplifier. The outcome is dependent on the original music. If the original track has lots of noise, that will also be amplified and i guess that is what you are seeing.

What is your SR#.?

> Any suggestions on identifying root cause as to why the adding of any nodes
> back to the picture slows things way down? We have an SR opened with
> Oracle Support but nothing firm so far.

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface, Oracle Press 2004

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006