RE: RMAN Restore with Incremental

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:29:20 -0400

Charlotte,

In your specific case, the incremental gets used with the database files that are on disk. You did not say what happened to your database that made you decide to perform a restore. But Rman decided that it had enough information with the files on disk and with just the incremental backup to perform a recovery.

Again, Rman decided that it did not need to go farther back to the full backup to perform your restore - it just did not need that information.

What made you decide to perform a restore? What specifically happened?

Tom