Re: Migrating RAC 10g from EMC to Netapp.

From: Nadeem M. Khan <nadeem.m.khan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:33:25 +0400

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 8:43 PM, <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com> wrote:
> Nadeem,
>
> I had a similar situation where we moved data from EMC DMX to EMC Clarion
> storage. We simply allocated the new devices (the devices were presented to
> the host and realized using devfsadm, I believe) to the ASM disk group and
> dropped the old ones and let rebalance do the task.

Looks like migrating ASM is the easier part. I also have to migrate the voting disk and the OCR. Went trough some articles[1], and thats not difficult either. However, since this is the first time I'm doing this, can someone point out the caveats, if any?

[1] http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=544358&tstart=30

Regards,
NMK.