Re: Moving production RAC DR site

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:27:52 -0400

Ravi,

If you are using host names instead of IP addresses in tnsnames.ora/init.ora files - work with your SA/DNS administrators to either adjust the TTL (time to live) for A records in DNS beforehand (1-3 days before - subject of your current TTL settings) or flush nscd cache after re-IP on all other boxes to avoid surprises after the move. This is a very common practice and your UNIX SA should be aware of that - but it never hurts to double check.

--romas