Re: Grid Control in CFC configuration

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:13:38 -0500

There are a few metalink notes on or near that topic. I only saw the titles as I was searching for something else (metalink search is an odd beast, isn't it?). Anyway, I did a search for "failover grid control cluster" and there are about 8 articles in the first 25 hits that have some titles that may be applicable to failover clusters in general. As for AIX...you're on your own there. I can only relate anecdotes I've heard that AIX is the red-headed stepchild sometimes, and seems to suffer from an usually high proportion of platform-specific bugs.

Good luck!

Dan

P.S. In rereading that, it's a bit ambiguous. Here's a snippet of a few of those note titles and numbers that look "interesting" and possibly applicable to what you might be encountering: How to Configure Grid Control OMS in Active/Passive Environment for HA failover

      Doc ID: Note:405642.1
How to Configure Grid Control Repository in Active/Passive HA environments

      Doc ID: Note:405979.1
How to Configure Grid Control Agents to Monitor Virtual Hostname in HA environments

      Doc ID: Note:406014.1
How to Configure Grid Control Agents in Windows HA - Failover Cluster Environments

      Doc ID: Note:464191.1
OMS not starting after install on an Active-Passive Cluster using a Virtual Hostname

      Doc ID: Note:430028.1
Duplicates Targets in HA environment

      Doc ID: Note:550756.1