RE: General Instance Performance Monitoring

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:37:10 -0700

I prefer AWR mainly because it includes ASH (both assuming you have Enterprise Edition with the Diagnostics Pack license), which provides a much more detailed view of activity over the last hour, plus it's all nicely automated for you and comes with a nice GUI interface for quick/easy access.

I downloaded spViewer once and it looks promising, but I never had time to test it out. Others that I've been planning to evaluate when I get the time are Lab128: http://www.lab128.com/lab128_home.html and ASHMON: http://perfvision.com/ashmon.php

Regards,
Brandon