RE: asm on serveral nodes (no RAC)

From: Amihay Gonen <AmihayG_at_ectel.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:15:41 +0300

This main idea in to using ASM is because it easier to use it term of managing the diskgroup.

For example, from real life, we had to move from one storage to another using ASM we have done that without downtime for the oracle servers. We've done the following procedure:

  1. add a disk from the new storage.
  2. rebalance
  3. remove disk from old storage.

That's all no downtime .