Re: What is the INSTANCES modifier of the PARALLEL clause?

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:22:36 -0700

I believe its deprecated. Used to be used with OPS (version 7 & 8) on IBM SP2.

If you want to "light it up" with PQ, just use "alter table parallel" which will set it to DEFAULT which is cpu_count * parallel_threads_per_cpu, which would default to 2 * # of CPUs. That is usually more than enough to saturate the IO channels.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org