RE: Data Guard Rman Vlidation Question

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:37:01 -0400

Joe,

That would work I think. But I'm looking for the "approved" solution. And yes, AIX.
I could also probably open the secondary database and issue "alter database rename" commands to formally rename the files. Or look into Rman for commands to rename the files to be validated.

Just not sure which solution is the correct one.

Thanks

Tom

From: TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com [mailto:TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com] Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 10:15 AM
To: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
Cc: Oracle-L; oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Data Guard Rman Vlidation Question

Unix, I assume since there are the "real" slashes in the path :)

 can you just cheat and make symbolic links to the filesystems on the secondary server for the original mount points?

Joe

You can have it: Fast, Right or Cheap, pick 2 of the 3. Fast + Right is Expensive
Fast + Cheap will be incorrect.
Right + Cheap will take a while.

"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>

03/31/2008 10:10 AM
Please respond to Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us From
"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
"Oracle-L" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

cc
Subject
Data Guard Rman Vlidation Question

All,

I created our first Data Guard database (10.2, physical copy). The mount points on the Primary and Secondary servers are different. So the init.ora file of the Secondary server has the
"db_file_name_convert='/dba/vg_uism_01/u0002/DGTD/system','/dba/vg_uiss_
01/DGTD1/data'" entries mapping the directory names to the new locations. All of this was done through 10G Grid by the way.

Rman backups of the secondary server work fine. Validations are a challenge. Rman Validation is looking for the database files in the Primary directory location - it is not using the db_file_name_convert init.ora parameter to find the file. So validations are failing.

RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 03/31/2008 09:07:44 ORA-19625: error identifying file
/dba/vg_uism_01/u0002/DGTD/system/system_01.dbf ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status

How do I resolve this? What have you done?

Thanks

Tom

How do I resolve this?