Re: create a view with parallel hint

From: Tony Adolph <>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:33:07 +1300

Hi Oxnard, Pratap and all,

Thanks for your suggestions.....

I need to combine the full and parallel hint for this query otherwise the CBO chooses an index and that plan takes too long to run (68 mins vs 5 for the parallel FTS).

I can't change the tables parallelism,.. too much impact on the rest of the system. Too risky.

Re "sometimes hints work in a view sometimes not".. I can't get the hints in the view to work at all and global hints are not an option as they'd require a hint in the top level query.

A stored outline is an option. I may have to go down that route.

Thanks for the feedback