Re: UTL_MAIL - Trying to find a smtp server that works...

From: Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid_at_att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:42:24 -0700

Hi Robert

since it's a demo...

Why not setup an SMTP server that requires no authentication on the same box that is running your db? You can configure the SMTP server to only accept connections from localhost so it doesn't get flooded with spam requests.

choices: sendmail, exim, qmail to name a few

That's what I use in my tiny lab at home....

HTH Ahbaid