RE: copy tablespace in one database

From: Blanchard William <>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:55:14 -0500

Why are you purging every night? You might be better served by copying the old data to a different database to use as a DW of sorts.

[] On Behalf Of Wojciech Skrzynecki Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:51 PM
Subject: copy tablespace in one database

I plan to copy data from all tables to the new tables in new tablespace every night. Why? Old tablespaces will be purged every night and I have to have old date

I think that I have two options:

I have to copy tablespace to the new with new name plus date e.g. tablespace "name" to the new name_date.

Create tables in new tablespace "as select" but what can I do with indexes?

I do not know if first options is possible.

Maybe you have any idea to help me.