Re: Data Guard Archived Log Transport Question

From: Carel-Jan Engel <careljan_at_dbalert.eu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:31:12 +0100

Yes, I do.

With James Morle we set up a DG environment in Londen, some 3.5 years ago.
They had 'some' redo, and finally (after I left) put 'Cisco linedriver cards', if that is the correct name, in their switches. Not expensive, about USD 1000/card. James reported up to 4 times compression rate.

I must say that we had dedicated NICs in the servers for the redo traffic, and the redo traffic was subject of QOS configuration at the WAN level, to allow for enough BW there. I'm sure Cisco, or whatever brand of switches you use, can tell you the specs.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===