Re: Errors when running dbms_stats.gather_fixed_object_stats

From: Maureen English <sxmte_at_email.alaska.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:20:44 -0800

Mark,

I seem to have left out that I found the same information you refer to. My problem is that we are not using ASM. So, no, we're not running css, but I see no reason to be running it.

Did I miss something critical here? We installed 10.2.0.2.0 in a new ORACLE_HOME, patched to 10.2.0.3.0, and definitely ran all of the root scripts after the installation. We've applied the cpuoct2007 and cpujan2008 patches, as well as 2 other recommended Oracle patches to fix problems we've encountered.

The gather_fixed_objects_stats procedure completes successfully:
> SQL> exec dbms_stats.gather_fixed_objects_stats;
>
> PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
>
> SQL>

  • Maureen