Re: Migrating 9i to 10g performance issues

From: Jost, <Joerg.Jost_at_unitrade.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:32:02 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 25.03.2008, 07:10 -0600 schrieb Sandra Becker:
> I was told that in order to use transportable tablespaces, the endians
> had to be the same. Is this incorrect? I'm already practicing and
> have ruled out some possibilities.

If you go the way supposed by Mayen, first migrate, than transport, you're wrong. Oracle 10g supports Transportable Tablespaces over different endianess. Oracle 9i does not.

See Database Administrator's Guide Chapter 8 Managing Tablespaces. There is an example scenario which can help to dig into it.

So i think, that way is worth a try.

hth