Re: Data Guard Archived Log Transport Question

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:47:51 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

The compression of redologs occurs in 11g only for resolving gaps in the archivedlogs and not for normal transmissions

Data Guard 11g implements a new streaming design that significantly increases the throughput of redo transport in Maximum Performance protection mode (during asynchronous redo transport and when using ARCn processes to resolve gaps). The benefit of these enhancements will be particularly noticeable in high latency – WAN environments

in 11g
SSL authentication can be used in lieu of password file to authenticate redo transmission. Note: SSL authentication requires use of PKI Certificates, the Oracle Advanced Security Option and Oracle Internet Directory

regards
Hrishy

  • Binh Pham <binhpham15_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do you know if archived logs which are transported
> to the Data Guard sites can be compressed for slow
> network bandwidth? How if it is possible?
>
> Also, I understand that I can use Oracle Advanced
> Security option to encrypt the archived log data, is
> that correct?
>
> Thanks.
>

> In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows Live
> Messenger.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
More Ways to Keep in Touch. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html