Oracle LOGMNR on Oracle RAC problem

From: Guang Mei <GuangMei_at_crd.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:43:12 -0400

Hi,

We are attempting to capture changes made to a 2 node oracle RAC database using the log miner. The problem we are having only occurs when we are using Oracle RAC. We are successful when we do this on a non-Oracle RAC database. In all cases we believe that we have supplemental logging turned on.

We are using JDBC and connect to the database as follows:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=

(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=devwin15)(port=1521))

(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=devwin16)(port=1521))

(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)

(connect_data=(server=dedicated)(service_name=winracdb)))

We are initiating the logging as follows using a JDBC connection. The connection:

{call SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR.START_LOGMNR(STARTTIME => SYSDATE,

    OPTIONS => SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR.CONTINUOUS_MINE+          SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR.DICT_FROM_ONLINE_CATALOG+          SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR.COMMITTED_DATA_ONLY ) }   We then read the data using a prepared statement with a fetch size of 1 using the following query:

SELECT SCN, COMMIT_TIMESTAMP, TABLE_NAME, SQL_REDO, CSF, OPERATION     FROM V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS     WHERE TABLE_NAME IS NOT NULL AND TABLE_NAME IN ( 'CSM_PARAMETER', 'TS_ORDER' )         AND SEG_OWNER = 'ORADEV91'         AND OPERATION IN( 'UPDATE', 'DELETE', 'INSERT' )   To test the functionality I then update the CSM_PARAMETER table from each of the hosts in the two node oracle RAC cluster.

When I modify the data from a connection to devwin15, it appears in the result set returned by the select from v$logmnr_contents.

When I modify the data from a connection to devwin16, no entries appear in the result set.

How can I make this work regardless of which host the connection has been made to?