Re: Building a 10gR1 RAC

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:14:39 -0500

if you are strapped with 10.1.0.5 for compatibility purposes, I would definitely try and get the other pieces of the RAC stack on later versions, if possible. Get your cluster running the latest clusterware you can, same goes for ASM,OCFS/OCFS2 if you are going to use those.

We use RHEL 4 with a 2.6 kernel. I haven't tried running 10gR1 on it. Check the certification matrices on metalink.