RE: Iendtifying what the autotasks do

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_bjss.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:23:15 -0000

col status form a9

col task_name form a25

col operation_name form a30

col current_job_name form a30

select operation_name,task_name, status,current_job_name from DBA_AUTOTASK_TASK /

OPERATION_NAME                 TASK_NAME
STATUS            CURRENT_JOB_NAME

------------------------------ ------------------------- ---------
------------------------------

auto space advisor job                auto_space_advisor_prog
ENABLED auto optimizer stats job gather_stats_prog ENABLED automatic sql tuning task AUTO_SQL_TUNING_PROG ENABLED

www.jhdba.wordpress.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Peter Hitchman Sent: 05 March 2008 17:00
To: oracle-l
Subject: Iendtifying what the autotasks do

Hi,
Oracle 11.1.0.6.0
In dba_auto_task_client I can see a few client_names: auto optimizer stats collection
auto space advisor
sql tuning advisor

How do I work out exactly what jobs and what code these run?

For example I assume that the optimizer one runs GATHER_STATS_PROG, but I cannot verify that.