RMAN clone of 9i DataGuard standby instance

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:31:12 -0400

I am working on trying to make a regular DB clone from a 9i DG standby database. So far it has been a challenge, but I am making progress (I think).
Has anybody actually done this before ? I can fid very little information. The reason I want to do it is for testing/dev purposes, and I don't want to spend the bandwidth recopying the large db if I already have a DG standby. The clone (fully opened) will reside on the same server as the DG standby.