Re: Data Dictionary Hit Ratio - myth or fact?

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:13:37 -0500

You are assuming that Lewis is 100% accurate in everything he says and statspack analyzer isnt? Not necessarily a good assumption... At the very least, that article is over a year old, and according to the statspack analyzer site, its analysis is continually revised. I have never seen the particular phrasing he quotes, so I suspect it is no longer used in any case.

Statspack analyzer is currently very good at identifying the number of soft v. hard parses, which is very important to know. I have used it several times, and found it accurate.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > You might want to pull an AWR or Statspack report and see what they
> > show. Then you can run it through statspackanalyzer.com (you do have to
> > sign up for some email), and it can tell you a lot about your instance.
> >

> That would be of dubious value.
>
> See *http://tinyurl.com/2yca7f
>
> *
> --