RE: Data Dictionary Hit Ratio - myth or fact?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:42:55 -0400

I predict that statspackanalyzer.com will tell you that your database will benefit from solid state disks.

(Can anyone come up with a genuine (not faked) StatsPack report that DOESN'T recommend the purchase of SSDs?)

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:14 PM
To: Jared Still
Cc: anelson77388_at_gmail.com; Oracle-L Freelists Subject: Re: Data Dictionary Hit Ratio - myth or fact?

You are assuming that Lewis is 100% accurate in everything he says and statspack analyzer isnt? Not necessarily a good assumption... At the very least, that article is over a year old, and according to the statspack analyzer site, its analysis is continually revised. I have never seen the particular phrasing he quotes, so I suspect it is no longer used in any case.

Statspack analyzer is currently very good at identifying the number of soft v. hard parses, which is very important to know. I have used it several times, and found it accurate. On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com<mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com<mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>> wrote: You might want to pull an AWR or Statspack report and see what they show. Then you can run it through statspackanalyzer.com<http://statspackanalyzer.com> (you do have to sign up for some email), and it can tell you a lot about your instance.

That would be of dubious value.

See http://tinyurl.com/2yca7f

--

Jared Still