RE: BLOCKED STATUS

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:54:17 -0600

This appears to be similar to connecting to an ASM instance remotely. You would have to add the clause below to the tnsnames or you can define it as a static entry (SID_LIST in listener.ora) and connect to the instance.

However, I have always preferred to keep the connection local (connect using / instead of sys/pswd_at_db) when executing a restore.

Regards,
-Krish
Krish Hariharan
President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Svetoslav Gyurov Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:30 AM
To: howard.latham_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L

Hi Howard,

The target database need to be open and the standby (auxiliary) has to be in nomount state. Then you issue the following command from the target database server:
rman target / auxiliary sys_at_standbydb

--
sve

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l