Re: Vmware and Linux - Hanging issues.

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:08:21 +0100

Good morning David,

I had the same issue, some time ago.

Basically, what I have found out, is that, sometimes one of the nodes is keeping the lock on shared storage for two long (because machine is too slow) and VMWare aborts second instance, because it is unable to acquire lock on shared storage.

In my case, increasing reslck.timeout from default 20 seconds to 1200 seconds (just to be completely sure) did the trick.

reslck.timeout="1200"

Don't forget that Oracle RAC under VMware is highly unsupported :)

--
Best regards,
 Edgar Chupit