Audit for program at login time

From: Mary Elizabeth McNeely <mary_mcneely_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I am tasked with auditing who accesses the database with what program (equivalent of v$session.program) upon database login. I can get everything I want into the audit trail by using "audit connect", except the equivalent of v$session.program.

(a) Does anyone know of a supported way to push the program information into sys.aud$, and if not,

(b) Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this other than a login trigger? Any sample code available?

Thanks in advance for any hints you can offer.

Mary Elizabeth McNeely