Re: Is is safe to drop old temp space?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:49:21 -0700

You can use this query to see if there are any users assigned the temp tablespace.

select u.username, t.tablespace_name
from dba_tablespaces t, dba_users u
where t.tablespace_name = 'TEMP' -- change to your tablespace name and u.temporary_tablespace = t.tablespace_name;

Please note that this query makes no assumptions about the nature of the tablespace.

eg. whether or not it is made up of TEMP or PERM segments.

Jared

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:27 AM, <genegurevich_at_discover.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am running oracle 9.2.0.8. I just finished recreating a temp tablespace.
> I have created a new tablespace
> and then issued alter database default tablespace temp02 command.
>
> I think it is safe now to drop my old tablespace. I checked that all users
> have temporary TS set to TEMP02.
> Do I need to check anything else before removing my old temp TS?
>
> thank you

Jared Still