Re: 10g RAC B&R Strategies

From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty_at_pacificdbms.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:40:10 +1000

Hi Jeff
Not sure as to why you won't have a clustered file system in the absence of VCS. You haven't mentioned your platform however if you are using Linux you have clustered file systems available and Solaris 10 has sun clustered file system clustering technology that will allow you to use a cluster managed /backup available to all nodes.

There is the possibility that you can also backup to NFS however there is bugs with RMAN and NFS, which may or may not have patches available depending on platform, I know there was one for Solaris.

Cheers

--
Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty_at_pacificdbms.com.au>
Pacific DBMS Pty Ltd