RE: Log file sync and log file parallel write.

From: Adrian <ade.turner_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:13:03 -0000

Reverting back to your perceived I/O problem....

You say elapsed time for these reports is 45 mins, whats the db time?

I think that you need to look at the response times for the direct path write/log file parallel write/log file syncs events and whether timeouts are occurring. I would look at the average response time/timeout figures from the wait event section. I would also look at the histogram info from v$event_histogram. Further during the problem period look at the disk %busy figure using iostat. Filesystem type and mount options would also be useful info.

Post some of this and we might be able to see if you actually have an i/o issue.

HTH Adrian