Re: Metrics for Swingbench benchmarks

From: E Rudans <oceheb_at_inbox.lv>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:08:59 +0200

Hello John, I'm also currently exploring this nice tool. Recently I did small test to check how really differs 32bit and 64bit oracle , and found that swingbench is really easy to setup and possible to do some quick test (I had only few days to test hardware). I did only small amount of load due to lack of disk subsystem. If anyone interested, my quick test results are here [1] I found 5-10% difference and wonder if this is real or this is test issue (test done wrong) E. Rudans Oracle DBA http://erudans.info Quoting John Hallas : /**/ Swingbench is an excellent toolset and we are pushing our test rig by using it. However I am not sure how to tell when you have an optimum configuration or what a realistic throughput (TPM might be). Links: ------ [1] http://erudans.info/2008/03/06/oracle-32bin-vs-64-bit-quick-test/ [2] mailto:john.hallas@bjss.co.uk