Re: Disabling DBMS_SCHEDULER

From: daniel koehne <koehned_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:44:40 -0500

For db version 10.2.0.3, as this is what I have experience with.

To disable:
dbms_scheduler.set_scheduler_attribute('SCHEDULER_DISABLED','TRUE');
<- note this is not a BOOLEAN but a string.

To enable:
dbms_scheduler.set_scheduler_attribute('SCHEDULER_DISABLED','TRUE');
<- note this is not a BOOLEAN but a string.

Then select * from DBA_SCHEDULER_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTE should show 'SCHEDULER_DISABLED TRUE". I recall that the scheduler will not run when the db is in restricted mode.

We have had issues with duplicating a production database and the duplicated database starting up (open resetlogs) with the scheduler running. I can document if you need this.

I hope this helps.

   Daniel