Re: Datafile recovery in datagaurd environment

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:37:42 -0500

Hrishy - you need to review the documentation available on database recovery.

Depending on your version of Oracle, whether or not you have backups, whether or not you're using RMAN, whether or not you have a flashback recovery area, check out tahiti.oracle.com and get the appropriate manual(s). Metalink will also address your situation.

When you've found the right scenario, put togehter a list of actions based on sound principals. If you want to review your plan of action with the list, it would be helpful to include the information I outlined above, along with your plan and a reference from the material you've used for assistance.

I realize this is probably a critical issue for you right now, but if it's that bad, you might just have to activate your standby if time is the defining constraint. It's probably beyond the ability of folks here to assist you given the information you've provided.