Re: Upgrading from Oracle Database 9i to 10g: What to expect from the Optimizer

From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:42:46 -0800

Thanks for sharing this white paper. This comes out only now, while 10g has been around for 2 years. While the contents of the paper are pretty good and definitely useful for customers who are planning to upgrade, for others who took the step to upgrade earlier had to go through several headaches. I've seen upgrade projects resort to setting o_f_e = 9.2.0 as in certain cases modifying the SQL was not an option. optimizer_secure_view_merging is an interesting feature, had I known about this earlier, I guess it would have saved some grief for a project that I was involved.

Regards,
Arul