Re: Data Guard Broker 10.2.0.3 and log_archive_dest_n

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:40:23 +0100

Hi Martin,

Martin Bach schrieb:
> However, one thing is quite odd: in the databases' v$parameter views on
> primary and standby I don't find a value for log_archive_dest_n. Here
> you'd normally see a value similar to "service=myServiceDescriptor LGWR
> ASYNC valid_for(....." but not in my case. I know the settings are
> working (show configuration in DGMGRL) but that's still quite
> surprising. I also see lines beginning with "alter system set
> log_archive_dest_2=..." but why don't they appear in v$parameter? I have
> done a quick search on Metalink but did not find anything related to
> this feature.

It seems that Oracle does not display overlong parameters in v$parameter, I am using 10.2.0.3 64bit on Linux, too - it's the same thing here. I see the same thing for the "dispatchers" parameter - usint MTS diaptchers this one can be huge, too.

Never mind, the vaues are still there, and you can maipulate them by "alter system set". If you want to retrieve this data from the system, use "create pfile=/path/ro/somewhere/pfile from spfile;" and have a look into this file.

I guess it's a bug or a feature, but no harm.

Regards
Martin

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk: www.usn-it.de